Classes are offered in five divisions:
Stock Seat (Western)
- Ranch Horse (Western)
- Hunt Seat (English)
- Saddleseat (English)
- Contest Events (Running)
All classes are offered in three age groups:
- Cloverleaf (1st - 4th grade, 5th and 6th grade students with limited experience)
- Junior (5th and 6th grade students with demonstrated skills, 7th - 8th grade students)
- Senior (9th - 12th grade students)
A champion and reserve champion are named in each division and age category.
Rules and entry forms for the State 4-H Horse Show can be obtained from your local county Extension office.
Submit the following forms to your County Agent:
- Intent to Show Form, which includes Proof of ownership or lease of horses, due March 17, 2014.
- Entry forms and fees are due May 19, 2014
To be eligible to compete in the 2014 State 4-H Horse Show:
- Own or lease a 4-H project horse by March 1, 2014
- Your county agent must complete on-line Intent to Show forms by March 17, 2014
- Your County Agent must complete on-line Horse Show entry forms by May 19, 2014
- Be an active, enrolled 4-Her in the county you live in or go to school in.
- Cloverleaf 4-H’ers must complete at least half of the Novice Horseman 4-H Horse Project Manual and senior 4-Hers must complete all of this book by May 20th. The Novice Horseman Book is the first in a series of three manuals offered to document Horsemanship skills gained through the Georgia 4-H Horse Program. All participants should complete a new Novice Horseman Book each year. The books are available at the link above or from your local county Extension Office, and it is the responsibility of the local County Extension Agent to check the books and sign off on their completion. This may be done in conjunction with a volunteer Horse Club Leader, but the Agent must sign the document.
Horse Show Quiz Study Guide
2014 Horse Show Rulebook
2014 Tenative Horse Show Schedule
2014 Class List
2014 Horse Show Herdsman Entry Form
Georgia National Fairgrounds & Agricenter, Perry - Horse Barn Map